Monday, April 23, 2007

Time to start posting again...

Looks like I kinda gave it up for Lent...and the first two weeks of Easter!

Been too busy, and it would have been hard to justify blogging when so many other things were not done in my life. It's been a little slower now, so back to it.

I've really been enjoying Fr. Z's podcazts this weekend. Check them out at http://www.wdtprs.com/blog/
If Fr. Z had regular radio show on Catholic Radio, I would listen! I have been a huge Fr. Z fan from the time he spent at my parish as an associate pastor back in the 90's. After mass sometimes I would ask him to comment on the ICEL translation of the collect, and he would help me out with the Latin, occasionally suprised that I actully knew an ablative absolute when I saw it. But I was a stumbler at best, and he was really pretty kind in helping me out.

Imagine my joy when he starts posting What Does the Prayer Really Say on catholic.org on the Forum, and then begins his column in the Wanderer! I was tempted to take credit for encouraging him, but I know he has been hot about this topic since way before he met me.

I still had a long ponytail when I met him, and he was puzzled about it until I told him it was a disguise in order to move into liberal territory without anyone suspecting I was really a conservative. I told him I was a "sheep in wolf's clothing" and he laughed pretty good at that. (There is much more to the ponytail story, involving moving in the world of Native America culture and back again, but that's another post.)

I've since cut off the ponytail and now work at a much more conservative school. But I've kept track of Fr. Z through the years and enjoy hearing his voice once again in the Podcazts. Check them out if you haven't yet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Wo-zhi-na-zhi-nga: Great story! I know exactly what you mean about the ponytail. My Dad has the same "problem". Anishinabeg don't think he's authentic because he has a crew cut. He's always been clean shaven. He's a former Marine, but his hair was pretty short even before he enlisted.

But, if his hair was long, he could not get a job in the "white world".

11:00 AM  
Blogger Adoro said...

I want to hear the ponytail story. So...whenever you're ready to write it....

Good job of introducing suspense!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm here, too.

I don't have enough hair left for a ponytail!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home